Thursday, January 24, 2013

Just another day...

Today is Brent's birthday.  I thought about not mentioning it at all, but then maybe some of you would like to drop him a note.  Obviously it won't get to him on his birthday, but everything I send him is through snail-mail, so who knows when stuff gets there.  It definitely lifts his spirits to hear from friends, even ones he hasn't met.

If you are so inclined, here is the address:

Brent Benefield
AD9214 57122 S/19
P.O. Box 8526
Wichita Falls, TX  76307

I spoke with an attorney friend last night who told me about a case where a woman sat in jail on a first degree murder charge and (it was a long story) when it came before the judge at trial, he threw it out, saying it was the most clear-cut case of self-defense he had ever seen.  It amazes me that someone can sit in jail for over a year when all of the evidence points away from that person.  Thanks to prosecutors, this happens.  Thanks a lot.  At least it gave me a little hope, and I'll take what I can get these days.

Thanks for reading and sharing


<3

---jaime

No comments:

Post a Comment