Thursday, September 13, 2012

Money talks, BS walks....

I spoke with an attorney today who specializes in "crimes against children", so I have to ramp up the Legal Defense Fund efforts.  (Thanks to a good friend for the referral.) Has anyone ever set one up?  I was hoping to talk to someone with experience in this area before I dive right in.  This attorney is apparently also on the board for http://www.innocenceproject.org/ (The Innocence Project) so I really hope he can help.

Lucas's birthday is coming up soon.  He would have been a year old on October 2.  I can't believe how much time has passed already without him.  My mom is having an especially hard time coping with this. 
One of the quotes from the Writ of Habeas Corpus that keeps ringing in my head is item #8 that says, "Todd Henderson noted when speaking with Sarah, 'I asked Sarah during the times she was yelling at Lucas, if she has ever had thoughts of hurting him.  She stated that is why she got on the medication, because she started having those thoughts, and didn't want to have those thoughts.'" If she didn't want to have those thoughts, and that is the reason she started taking the medication in the first place, why in the world would she stop taking them?  Wouldn't that mean knowingly putting your children in harm's way?
Thanks to everyone who has sent a message, left a comment, reposted a link to this blog, and said prayers for our family.  Your support is so important, because there are days when it's hard to keep going.  Keep looking at these papers that say Brent is innocent and should not be in jail.  Thank you.

www.facebook.com/justiceforlucas


---jaime

No comments:

Post a Comment