Monday, October 1, 2012

Lucas and Laika

Tomorrow we're heading to Wichita Falls, where a few of us (family and friends) will have a small memorial service for Lucas.  If you've been following the blog, you'll know it would have been his first birthday.  It's important to our family to keep his memory with us.  We will not rest until justice has been served and Brent is home. 

Below I'm posting some pictures of what I've been working on.  Two of my greatest loves are family and rescue animals, so I've named the business to raise funds "Lucas and Laika".  You already know Lucas's story, so I'll tell you about Laika.  Laika was the first animal sent into space.  She was part of the Soviet space program in the 1950's, and they sent her up into the stars knowing that she would never return.  To me, she is a symbol of all of the poor souls who are abandoned in animal shelters every single day.  I've always wanted to use her name as a tribute, and since she and Lucas are both among the stars, I am creating pieces to honor both of their memories. 

These are some that I'm giving to family members (obviously they aren't put together yet!  These are just the parts), and I'm making some other things that these will be part of.  You'll see!  All proceeds from any sales will go towards Brent's legal defense expenses.  So these are not for sale, but some others will be soon.

Thank you for reading and for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.

"Time moves in one direction, memory in another."





<3

---jaime

1 comment: